Friday, May 23, 2014

Sidewalk Prophets Chalk Art Contest

JULY 2012

Dear Sidewalk Prophets,
    I heard about your Sidewalk Tour and the "Sidewalk Contest" on KLOVE the day before the contest closed, and I got my best friend's daughter, Angela, to draw this artwork for the contest, not knowing it closed the next day. So she started it on July 20, and we finished it together on July 21. Then I went on to upload it to the KLOVE website, and found out we were too late. But it is such a cool piece of artwork, I still wanted to send it anyway. I want to tell you that our town of Tehachapi, or "T-Town," as my kids have so lovingly nicknamed it is an awesome place to hold a concert. I have five acres out of the city limits with a HUGE field on two sides and a sidewalk running right down the middle that would be a great place to put bleachers and have parking and hold an amazing concert! And I would dedicate it to two wonderful fathers, my husband and my children's dad Bret, and Angela's dad and my best friend Tina's husband, Mike. They were both wonderful Christian men, who went to be with the Lord unexpectedly in their fifties. Our families grew up together and have had to deal with these losses within a five year period, and we have been through hell and back together since our husbands and dads have passed away.  I have enclosed some pictures of Angela and the completed artwork, as well as a very windy view from my front porch sidewalk and a sunset from my sidewalk, where she did the artwork, and lastly, a picture of Bret and Mike, with their great friend Jeff (He is the only dad of the three still here for our children.) Thank you for writing music that gets your brothers and sisters in Christ through the tough times.  Your songs have gotten me through many, many difficult days. Godspeed.

     In His Love,


     Denise Trone
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment